Having a blog is a great way to build an business website or use it as one of your internet marketing strategies for your online business. Of course, your blog is pretty much worthless if nobody ever visits it. So you need to get as much traffic to your blog as you possibly can.
Here are several ways for how to get more traffic to your blog:
* Link Building – Using different SEO strategies such as building backlinks is extremely important for getting more traffic to your blog, and for internet marketing in general. There are many different ways to get backlinks. You should utilize as many of the ways as possible to get as many backlinks as possible. This is something you will continually do throughout the life of your blog but you won’t have to do it as much once you get high search engine rankings.
* Article Marketing – This is one way to get backlinks but it’s also a great way to get direct traffic to your blog. You write useful and informative articles on various topics in your niche and submit them to article directories. You’re hitting two birds with one stone when you utilize this internet marketing strategy.
* Comment on Other Blogs – As with article marketing this is a good way to get backlinks to help with search engine rankings and get direct traffic from the link you leave in your blog comments. To do this all you need to do is visit other people’s blogs in your niche and leave useful and relevant comments on posts that interest you.
* Guest Blogging – A great internet marketing strategy to get more traffic to your blog is to write guest posts for other blogs. Contact other bloggers in your niche and ask them if you can send them a guest post. Many will say yes. You’ll get a lot of visitors from their blog and at least one link back to your website to help with SEO. Just make sure you write very high quality and completely original guest posts or nobody will publish them.
* Social Sites – Social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter along with social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Delicious, and Mixx can be good ways to get more traffic to your blog.
* Video Marketing – Creating marketing videos can be a great way to get more traffic to your blog. The videos don’t have to be anything extraordinary either. Just create basic videos, post them on YouTube or other video site, and include a link back to your blog.
* Pay Per Click (PPC) – This takes some money and it also takes a lot of knowledge so be careful with this one if you don’t know what you are doing. If you take the time to properly learn how to use PPC, such as Google Adwords, it can be extremely beneficial to your internet business. PPC can generate a lot of targeted traffic to your blog and can make you a lot of money.
Use all of the above marketing strategies and you will certainly get a lot of traffic to your internet business blog and make money from it.